What is A.M.P'D?
is a performing arts week run by Out of the Box (Scotland) Ltd, where young people can make new friends, develop creative skills and grow in faith.
Each person attending will have a choice of creative streams where they have the opportunity to work alongside professionals from the performing arts towards an end of week showcase where they can put all their new skills into practise.
Who is A.M.P aimed at?
• currently in Primary 5 through to S2
• with a church connection
• with a desire to learn and or develop a talent within the creative arts
What are the creative streams?
- led by Philip Todd (www.philip-todd.com
) an Actor and Filmmaker from Edinburgh. In this stream you will have an opportunity to develop your acting skills through fun drama games, character exercises and rehearsal, and perform as the cast in the end of event showcase.
- led by Matthew Todd (www.matthew-todd.com
) a Musician and Composer from Glasgow. This stream will give you an opportunity to sing as part of a finely tuned choir and develop a high level of musical skill in preparation for a dramatic performance in the end of event showcase.
- led by Chris Watt (www.outofthebox.me.uk
) a Children's Worker and Puppeteer from Inverness. In this stream you will have an opportunity to learn puppetry skills and then develop those skills as part of a puppet team working towards a production in the end of event showcase.
- led by Kirsten Todd (www.kirstentodd.com
) a Dance Teacher and Choreographer from Falkirk. In this stream you will have the opportunity to learn new dance skills as well as build on existing ones. You will learn fun, energetic contemporary and jazz routines and work towards a group performance in the end of event showcase.
Other people involved include:
• Carol Hutchison an Associate Children's Worker from Out of the Box;
• Nathan Todd a Web Consultant from Glasgow;
• Lindsey Stirling an Archaeologist from Inverness;
• Fiona Waite a Parish Assistant from Inverness;
If you have any questions about A.M.P'D please do get in touch with Chris Watt: